Wednesday, December 31, 2008

DECEMBER NOTES


This has been a good year. Certainly Betsy had a fair share of lows but there was nothing that was insurmountable. That will never happen.

2008, as it fades away with the dimming sunlight was about building and maintaining healthy relationships. I lost some folks – deleted their contact information because they offered no value in my life. Likewise, I met and/or grew closer to some magnificent people – EP, QB, KW, RC and of course, WP. These people entertained, mentored, listened, prayed and loved me. For them, I am grateful. Thank you.

For my inner circle guys and gals, you know who you are. Even if we don’t speak or see each other everyday, you are still my shining stars, especially when we found ourselves out on a late night cruising adventure, pole dancing, having brunch, shopping, laughing over another lost job, celebrating a promotion, brainstorming, cheering each other on and traveling.

I am ending this year on a high note. I’m happy 2009 is hours away but really, each day, each hour is an opportunity to do something different or make a change and that starts now. I compromised too much in the last twelve months and sometimes, right at the very beginning of a situation. ‘Twas a learning experience in one situation that led a half-ass relationship where 50% time I wanted out. And then there was the one that I wanted in… ☺

No resolutions for 2009. I have things to accomplish. Lots of them so going forward, call me Baller, baby.

All the best to everyone and know that everything substantive is possible.

Lata Lovelies,
-Betsy Baller Ice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...you kept it so simple!
Could this be the old "New Betsy Ice"? Well, girl, it looks 2009 is going to be a very powerful year for alot of people. Everyone's eyes are more open now, and it is just at the point of being tired of being tired...and having no choice, really but to move to bigger, better, brighter, and happier things. We live in a world of "wants" more than "needs". So to get both of those we all have to step up, step down, and even step out of ourselves or any 'dead/live' situation we are in.