Monday, June 16, 2008

TWAS A GOOD WEEK INDEED

It was only fitting to call this blog the one thing that really started my summer of fun...my car. Betsy Ice introduced me to joy riding and the adventures of well, summer.  Details of that summer to come...:-)

On to 2008.  

Last week...twas a doozy!!!  Essence/Toyota event was tight and shout out to TC and DH for being with me that night.  Thanks for handling the situation.  No friends, none of us needed to remove our stilettos or earrings...we're too pretty to scrap.  :-)  Anyhoo, the event was very cool...a room filled with upwardly mobile, mature, surprisingly unpretentious 'folk' coupled with free drinks and hors d'ourves.  Lovely.  Oh yes, Keisha Cole sang but I wasn't listening...lol

Also, went to a Prospect Park Gala which kicked off their summer celebration.  Isaac Hayes rocks.

Took off to DC for an overnight trip (shout out to DH again for being a trooper!) only to return to rain.  One of the highlights of that trip was an invite to Martha's Vineyard.  Wonder if Larenz Tate will be there...I can't get Inkwell out of my mind.

Returned to rain from DC which became a surefire way to miss the Stevie Wonder tribute party. Actually, if you did attend, drop me a line.

This week is shaping up rather slow but will keep you posted on other events.  Friday is the Omega 80's party in Long Island.  Anyone down to rock?  I have an affinity for purple and gold...

BTW, anyone know of any good boat ride?  Just bought a pair of fresh linen pants.  Whey mi West Indian people dey?  

Lata Lovelies...
-Betsy Ice

No comments: