Wednesday, June 18, 2008

TWAS A STRANGE CONVERSATION

Amazing what happens when I arrive early.  I am able to select which seat I want at the restaurant, positioning myself with the best 'vantage' point.  I'm not drenched in my own perspiration from power walking and more importantly, I'm relaxed.  

This is the 3rd time in the last two weeks I've arrived early to a meeting.  I'm turning over a new leave, friends.

Anyway, the story.  My female friend was having an amicable conversation with a man.  You know, the "how have you been?, what's new? etc." kind of thing.  In the middle of the conversation - without being asked - dude says, "I'm single and heterosexual."  LOL.  Are you kidding me?  He just blurted out that tidbit of info!  She wasn't even trying to holler at him! That's like a woman complimenting another woman (of course, completely acceptable) by saying, "Cute outfit," and instead of saying, "Thank you," she responds with "I'm a lesbian."  Um, what in the world!?!?  Didn't nobody ask you all of that.  My gosh!

Perhaps this dude had a previous conversation and was so caught up in the rapture, he forgot a new conversation (and person) was at hand.  Or, had this brother's sexuality been in question before so he felt the need to proclaim it out the gate to anyone who would listen?  Or better - did he feel compelled to separate himself from any homosexual that may have been present by announcing his sexual orientation freely?  Just musings...

Really though, women - when was the last time you had a casual conversation with a man and proclaimed (as he talked about art history), "I'm strictly dickly?  Men - when was the last time you heard a woman announce that?  LOL

Let me know your thoughts on the situation.  My friend certainly wasn't interested in his sexual orientation but it sure was a funny story.

Lata Lovelies,
-Betsy Ice

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not funny at all, amazingly so i do the same thing...why because for some wierd reason one would feel the direction of the conversation by vibes and just put that information out there...what was shocking was her response afterwards. In this day and age of fast times, I guess it is best to just get that out of the way from the jump

Unknown said...

Maybe he's from Atlanta, lol

Microphone Master, Super Rhyme Maker said...

As a heterosexual male, maybe I can give it some context....

"I'm single and heterosexual."

TRANSLATION: "I'd really like to skip the frivolous conversation and become intimate with your guts!"

and um gone.....