Tuesday, September 30, 2008

BOSSES WHO TOUCH YOUR FOOD



Random question: Do/would you share a toothbrush with someone you're dating? I'm not saying use each other's toothbrush every single day (ewww) but say you're traveling or you wind up spending the night at your significant other's place - sans toothbrush. Do you use his/her's toothbrush...considering you've kissed them previously? ;-)

The story: Betsy's OCD is in high gear! Someone in the office ordered a few boxes of pizza and against my salad-loving lunch, I decided to have a slice. As I go to help myself, my "oh so helpful" boss decides to "serve" me. Ol' girl touched my pizza!!!! I was livid. The crust is my favorite part. So I'm standing there nibbling on the slice thinking how I could just throw the entire thing away because my appetite is gone but then I remember the kids starving around the world and save the children images guilt me into eating it. Of course, I ate around the crust and anywhere I thought her fingers may have touched.

This is what I didn’t understand - though I appreciated the gesture, I would have been alright taking a slice on my own. And if you insist, why not use a napkin to pick it up? It's like an office party where the person cutting the cake lets every slice fall in their hand...then licks their fingers and continues to cut and serve.

The recap: played it low key last night

On tap: Ashanti producer party or something like that. Let me know if you want to go...I'm on the guest list and highly unlikely I'll show up. Betsy has a date tonight ;-)

Lata Lovelies,
Betsy Ice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The majority, not all, of the time culture (color vs. non-color) has a lot to do with one's cleanliness. I have noticed my non-color compadres are less sensitive to employing more sanitized ways of handling food and caring for one's person -- just a trend I see play out more often than not.

Anonymous said...

I would never share a toothbrush, because, we all got some sort of cootie, and i am perfectly fine with my own, not someone elses.