Wednesday, June 17, 2009

GREETING THE EX'S NEW BOO


The ex’s are coming out the woodworks – with their new boos. How awkward is it to see your ex with their new boo?

Not only did I run into an ex who was with his family – kid and baby mom’s – but a few days prior, it was another, more recent ex’s fiancé. We had not formally met but I recognized her, courtesy Facebook. She recognized me but I could tell that it was probably from a physical description by ol’ boy since he's a talker and probably described everything about me down to my eyebrow arch. Anyway, I met ol’ girl fiancé AGAIN and this time they were together. He beamingly introduced us. I shook her hand and with a million dollar smile, said, "Congratulations."
Honestly folks, thank the LORD that I looked amazing! I know it’s base but come on! Who wants to be the epitome of busted when you run into the next broad or man? I’m not taking anything away from ol’ girl…just saying, I’m great. I’m great. :-)

It’s really a weird situation though. I didn’t meet baby mom’s but I recognized her; I saw pictures of her. Doubt she recognized me because there would have been no reason for ol' boy to start flipping through the iPod of pics with his current girlfriend. In both instances, it was a smidgen surreal to see the other person.

Lata Lovelies,
-Betsy “Baller” Ice

2 comments:

Deshair said...

Wow, how about dropping off some items over an ex's house earlier than expected and the new dude opens the door... yelp, been there. And my ex was mad at me for getting there 30 minutes early. I can't front though, I wanted to be there earlier. Her stories didn't add up. I just didn't think that I'd be right on my assumption; or that I wanted to be right for that matter.

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it, Betsy! I was kicking with this girl once, when her ex wanted to "stop by and drop some stuff". She tried to ignore him but he insisted on coming over. Ol' boy showed up 30 minutes earlier than expect and caught me right as I was leaving. What are the chances? I opened there door and there he was, right in from of the doo... oh!

umm...yeaaah.

whateva