Monday, July 28, 2008

THE BLACK GUMS

Recently, Betsy has been feeling the heat from some folks! A mention here and there of her encounters with other Hatians - friends excluded - and everyone is giving Besty the riot act and surely planning a coup! One person lectured Betsy about the references then laughed at the Trinidadian statement in the next breath. Shame on you! You’re lucky I like you…still on for dinner? ☺ Si, pour le rest de mois, non plus de références a mes peuple d'Haiti. Désolé si mon francais est un petit agite mais t’adore moi en cas! Vive le sak passé posse!

The story: Ran into an acquaintance and as the brother was talking, all I could wonder was why his gums were so dark. I mean, some people have pink gums; some have tan gums but his joint was BLACK, BLACK, BLACK! Black is beautiful but gums? Oh gosh! And to top it off, his teeth, while white, were sharp. Like, if this brother tried to playfully bite his wife’s neck, he would tap her jugular.

Separately, PLEASE read this blog about Dinty Moore soup - http://twotoomany.blogspot.com/. The author is insane!

The recap: Nada…but Betsy’s back on the scene this week.

On tap: Private fashion show at Soho Grand…any takers?

Lata lovelies,
-Betsy Ice

3 comments:

Microphone Master, Super Rhyme Maker said...

I will get to the black gums in a second, but in response to your Haitian comments let me say this:
1) I have messed with 2 Haitian women in my lifetime
2)Being Haitian in NYC was NOT cool until circa 1994, when WYCLEF and the FUGEES came out!
3) We KNOW Haiti has provided MANY Black firsts, but, you muh fuggas are here in NY now, and many of you were BORN HERE so STOP FRONTIN!

Now, black gums....probably smoking too many NEWPORT loosies and that chron chron. I just hope that homey didnt have the bright pink lips!

YeahWhateva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
YeahWhateva said...

Well...
I was born and raised in Haiti and have been claiming Haiti since before it was cool to be Haitian . I've been here for many years but have ALWAYS represent myself as nothing but Haitian - Vive L'Haiti!! No, dress socks and sandals are not my favorite getup (need to chat with my brothers about that one - we're working on it. LOL!!). And yes, Betsy, my chess is nappy. But, that's just for attraction - It'll take you two hours to untangle your fingers once you touch it, so that means I'll have you for at least two hours. Cancel all reservations! LOL!!!

**kidding!

Seriously, though. I agree with Super Rhyme about the frontin'. I see a lot of born-again Haitian who's only knowledge of the island is from Wyclef. That's aiight...keep up the front. If you've known the US (or EtazIni) to have more than TWO cities (pop quiz! Which two cities?) , then you need to check your roots. LOL!!!

(Ask your neighborhood Haitian, (s)he'll fill you in on the joke. LOL! Love ma peoples!!).

Anyway, just stopping by to say wassup!

L'union faits la force! Vive Haiti et tous qui l'aime.