Thursday, August 14, 2008

ANNOYING BILL COLLECTOR

Telemarketers and collect agents have one of the worst jobs in the world (don’t pretend like you never had a phone call b/c of a “outstanding” payment).

This man called today for someone that has not had my phone number in years. Usually I have the patience to explain the situation away but dude really just caught me at an untimely moment and unfortunately his Indian azz - talking about his name is Jason Smith when I can straight up hear his accent - received the transference of my ire energy from someone else.

Sadly enough, the conversation went something like this:

Me: Hello!?!?

Man: Hello (all smiley and ish). May I speak with LaToya please regarding a personal business matter?

Me: Mista, you have the wrong number. (Yes, I said Mista)

Man: Is this 212.555.1234?

Me: Do you speak English?

Man: Yes

Me: Then you understood when I said you have the wrong number.

Man: I just want to confirm if the number is 212.55…

Me: STOP CALLING ME!!! Have a good day and good bye! Click the button as hard as I can.

I know dude was just trying to do his job. There is no excuse for being rude but grief, I was in a surly mood. I did manage to say ave a good day though ☺

Ah, need to practice patience but it sure was funny writing this post.

On tap: Scattergories, spades (someone pls teach me!) and sangrias at my place. Then, sleep. Beres Hammond at Wingate Park Monday.

The recap: So long ago…performances and parties.

Lata Lovelies,
-Betsy Ice

No comments: