Monday, August 18, 2008

AN EX FRIENDSHIP- POSSIBLE?


Note: Not a picture of my ex. Details of who these dudes are, below.

Under certain circumstances, I believe it makes sense to be friends, or at least amicable with an ex spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/partner. For instance, if the chick is baby mom’s, keep the peace and be cool with her - and vice versa for the Mr. Baby Daddy of the Year. Say you own property or have a business together; it would be a good idea to be civil until you can claim everything yourself. Kidding…sort of.

Now, there are instances outside of the aforementioned that friendships with exes are permissible. One ex (from back in the day) and I are good friends. So chummy that if I knew a little lovely lady, I would hook him up with her. We talk occasionally and may even PLATONICALLY link up. Diddy, we’re overdue dinner ☺

The story: Betsy’s ex whom she has no valid reason to call friend, “reached out to see how things are going.” Needless to say, I’m a tad wary of his actions. Granted, we broke up a while ago and I no longer have any animosity towards him but I certainly can’t see the relevance in a friendship, especially now. Theoretically, if I saw the brother walking down the street, I would exchange pleasantries but I am certainly not keeping his info top of mind or inviting him to one of my Sunday brunches.

What bothers me more than him “reaching out” which I can tolerate for 9.5 minutes, is the fact that he’s married. I mean, when his wife says, “Honey, how was your day? Anything new and exciting?” Does he reply, “Why yes. I called my ex. Again. You know, the one I was with shortly before I married you?” LOL. Honestly people, it just seems a bit strange. If ol’ girl and I knew each other – say we attended the same university or was in a six-degree of separation friendship circle, it would seem more um, reasonable?

I’m not calling my ex, a cheater; just questioning his motives for wanting to “continue/develop” a friendship. Holler with your thoughts or if you’ve ever been in this situation. He’s not even a platonic friend trying to cupcake!

Lata Lovelies,
-Betsy Ice

P.S. I completely tormented myself by refusing to text or IM this weekend. Discovered the issue is with IM - sending messages for more than 15 mins consistently is just plain nonsense. A friend did spend 22 minutes IMing a super long story. Me thinks this friend should try this experiment.

The Recap: The damn Olympics! Usain Bolt of Jamaica in T&F, Tyson Gay who didn’t qualify but has the best butt EVER and Michael Phelps of the USA in swimming. Honorable mention for unintentional comedy goes to Richard Thompson of Trinidad who took the silver in T&F. Did anyone see that man rolling around on the ground? The only thing left for him to do was to run around naked or find a couch to jump on ala Tom Cruise. One more – Walter Dix of the USA took the bronze in T&F but did anyone notice he wore hater blockers akin Creepa on MTV’s From G’s to Gents? See comparison pictures above.

On Tap: Two words: Beres Hammond. Any takers? Will be there with solo if I must!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you crossed dudes mind and he really wanted to see how you were doing. Tis possible that he is still concerned about your platonic welfare.