Thursday, October 16, 2008

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR - OVERWOOING


I was irate with a fellow I dated because he wasn't a good communicator. Dude insisted on sending IMs instead of picking up the phone to talk. I'm cool with some text messaging and IMs BUT that should be supplemental communication, not primary.

A mischievous angel must have understood/heard my plea because lo and behold, along came a brother that called and texted me so often that I dubbed it “overwooing.”

At first, I was alright with it; I even found it flattering. However, after less than a week of conversing, dude asked me to marry him. At first, I chuckled. Hahaha, that was cute. It was cute when he said it again for the second time the following day. But, in less than a week he brought up the Jagged Edge, “meet me at the alter” four times! Listen folks, I want to get married but not to someone whose last name is a mystery and I’ve yet to go on a first date with. The last 'marriage' conversation went something like "We can get married next month." As in November – before Thanksgiving. LOL. He has a job so it’s not like he wants to get own my health insurance…you know how some folks do.

I'm not in love with him nor am I in need of a shotgun wedding (see previous post). If this is idea of joking, the humor exited the building a while ago.

Again, generally, I like a man that calls morning, noon and night - just to say hello (LOL).... not extensive-talk-your-ear-off conversations. But this brother wants to talk in the morning for 20 minutes, during an entire lunch break, when I get home from work and right before I go to sleep. LOL. He has a lot to say and I have a lot to listen to I suppose. Men, please do not get discouraged by going "hard body" - a term my male friends from the Bronx use to describe, "hollering hard". But when you volunteer to be a househusband, call incessantly to the point where I turn my phone volume off, your hard body approach becomes a major turnoff.

Oh yes, there was this other guy that volunteered to drive almost 30 minutes from his house to mine…to take me to the Laundromat. It was a nice gesture though :-) Mr. Papers for President, some men like going out of their way for a sister! :-)

The recap: Nada

On tap: Banana-cinnamon pancakes for breakfast tomorrow and ladies night out in the evening. Ladies, drinks at my house if you want. Holler.

Lata Lovelies,
-Betsy Ice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you. I can't stand you. Get away from me! Why you're so far? You don't pay attention to me. Give me some space!

Some people are never satisfied because they truly know not what they want...

On the other hand, everything we want is not always go for us.
So, to the Captain, chillout a bit my man - stop Honey Dripping...she's still talking to you :-)

To Ms. Ice, melt a little. In his hands, in your hand, or just by yourself :) There are plenty men out there who are unwilling and/or unable to express their feelings. A man who knows what he want is not always overwooing - you might be the one who is moving too slow. (Or, maybe you should ;-))

Take another look at his requests, without the pre-judgement and profiling. Don't automatically book him in the "overwooing" category. There's a chance "you" might be the one he's been looking for.

Don't push a good thing away.
;-)

--- now, on the other-other side...
ahem...
Asking to marry you after two weeks??! Before dating?? What da (*&!! LOL. I mean, really. This is either trully love at first wink, or this dude is really really really clingy. Bruh, stop honey dripping so hard. LOL. Relax! lol

Can you really learn enough about someone in two weeks to want to commit your entire life to them? Maybe he's not thinkin long term? Is he looking for a Visa? LMAO!!!

Yeah...whatava!!!

Unknown said...

Nothing wrong with doing something nice for someone you feeling or whatever.BUT SUPER-SIMPING NEVER WINS.

-Mr. Papers for President