Friday, October 31, 2008

BLACK WITH CRACKS





Women who wear excessive foundation bother me - especially when the hug me and I'm wearing white.

Recently, I ran into a woman I had not seen in eons. Ol' girl hugged me tight while pressing her highly 'decorated' cheek against my au naturale one.

When I finally arrived home to happily wash of the NYC grime, I noticed a HUGE spot on my cheekbone that looked like a bruise from a brawl. After my initial shock, I realized ol' girl's mocca foundation and purple blush smeared on my face. I was annoyed (but glad this makeup offender dodged my white shirt) and was astonished to discover that the hug-press-your-cheek-against mine had extended to my line of my jaw!

I've seen this woman before and she is always 'decorated'. Don't women know by now that applying massive amounts of foundation and whatever else can clog your pores further? Your pores need to breathe for goodness sake. People aren't stupid and makeup doesn't hide everything. We see your blemishes.

Further, what do women like this do when they're in a relationship? Apply makeup before going to bed? Or, say if they're getting down with their boyfriend/partner/husband - unless you're into straight missionary and don't turn your head and the brother never holds your face tenderly or tries to kiss you, the makeup won't come off but otherwise, you're dirtying their sheets! One or two times may be passable but what man wants to sleep with a woman who leaves brown all over the sheet? Yuck.

It’s alright to be gussied up and beautied out sometimes but e'eryday? Do THESE women wear white? You know what? They're probably the ones that try on clothes and when another woman goes to purchase the item, the size she needs is the makeup stained one your excessive foundation-self left behind because you left the stained and picked up a fresh one.

Lighten up on the makeup ladies and recognize that part of your beauty is your flaws. Even Betsy them. No, only one. ;-)

Lata Lovelies,
-Betsy Ice

The recap: easy week, not much

On tap: MANJINGA MASQUERADE PARTY @ SPUTNIK w/SAMBA DANCERS & LIVE DRUMMERS: FREE B4 10PM $7. w/RSVP OCTOBER 31ST
262 Taafe Place, by Dekalb Ave.
Brooklyn
9:00pm - 4:00am
FREE B4 10:00pm, $10 After
$7 with RSVP
Drink specials all night
G to Classon
www.myspace.com/manjingaparty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had to comment on this one since its so true; I get extremely agitated when I get makeup stains on the shoulder of my shirts and/or pillowcases and have never been a fan of makeup to start with -- grab some proactiv and call it a day!

Anonymous said...

After a Dinty Moore, there is always some brown gravy on the sheets so a little face paint aint nothing! Just dont leave no lil red corvette lipstick stains ANYWHERE...

LMAO..!!!!

(i joke i joke, i kid i kid)