Thursday, October 23, 2008

BETTER WEEKS AHEAD


Betsy is having a long week and the weekend is not even here yet. I've been under the weather (but recouping) and some folks graciously offered to take care of me. One of those offers was grossly unwanted.

The story: A coworker has been CHATTING my ears off for weeks and I've endured this man's conversation upon conversion upon conversation. One day he said to me, "I was thinking about you this weekend and that's pretty big because I never think about my coworkers." I wasn't thinking about him. Another time dude says, "I was thinking about you again but didn't have your number to call." I changed the topic of the conversation. Third time, "Hey, give me you number so we can talk. You ran across my mind the other day. I wanted to talk to you but didn't have your number." It would be almost impossible to call if someone never gave you their number. Finally he said, "What's your number?" Folks, I couldn't get out of that one so I gave him the digits with this addendum, "I rarely answer my phone so best text me."

A non-thirsted out man would have read between the lines and never sent me a text but not ol' boy. He sent a text to find out how my weekend was going. "Swell," I thought to myself. "We can talk during normal business hours and not Saturday afternoon."

When Betsy was out sick from work, he sent a text that was something to the effect of, "Hey, I rushed into the office to see you today and you weren't there. Heard you're out sick. Sorry to hear but let me know if you need anything. I can use my Dr. Feel Good Hands to make you feel better. Bleh, bleh bleh." People, what kind of what stuff is that? We're coworkers for goodness sake! I've never even hinted that we should be anything but amicable staff members. In fact, when he offered to take me out to lunch, I dipped out on him and he was a bit irate. Said I needed to get some fresh air. From his hovering self.

Not only is this man WAY inappropriate, he'll also qualify for a social security check - next year!

The kicker now is that he's throwing me shade! I said hello to him one day and he walked right by. Tried this a second time and he acted like it was painful for him to say hi.

Note: work is place of business, not a playground. I don't play in sandboxes that belong to dirty old men.

The recap: Danny Simmons art fundraiser. Tres cool.

On tap: Havana Outpost this weekend folks!

Lata Lovelies,
-Betsy Ice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaawwww, you had him at "I rarely answer my phone". LOL!!!
When is the wedding date? Ben-gay would make a stunning wedding gift. It will fill the air...for sure. LMAO!!!

Now, you know better than to give dude your number. The fact that "he was thinking about you" three times, and asked for those digits everytime, should've been your cue to reinforce the no-work policy. Now look what you've done! Mr. Capricon is mad cause his Dr. ain't feeling so good (get it? go ahead, take a minute...i'll wait :-)). LOL

Seriously, where do they come up with these lines?? Ladies, do this crap ever work on you? Honestly?

Man, I've been working too hard!

...whateva!

Anonymous said...

Wait....why you mad at my mans and nem? YOU gave him the number! Only you can start a forrest fire! Persistance overcomes resistance....true to life....but hold the phone. Why you mad at the shade being thrown at you? You clearly rebuffed his advanced advances and he put the game on pause. You said he aint got much time left so he's saving his "G" in this time of recession.

and i am soo gone....