Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BUST IT BABY...


Betsy totally believes in life happening in this order – wedding, bedding then conception.

Realist that I am though, I recognize things do not always happen in that order - or even under those circumstances.

The story: I ran into a man I dated a million years ago and we start catching up about our respective lives. I didn’t see a ring on his finder (and no, I wasn’t trying to holler back) so I jokingly asked, “When is the wedding?” Dude starts stammering an almost incomprehensible answer and finally, I piece it together. The woman he’s with (and has been with on and off over the last few years) is pregnant. Since they now live together, they’re clearly having an ‘on’ moment.

The shacking up isn’t necessarily newsworthy but Betsy was astonished by his response – he doesn’t want to have children out of wedlock. Guess he didn’t buy Fantasia’s first album which included the hit, “Baby Mama.” The idea of running down the aisle - A SHOTGUN WEDDING!!! - because ol’ girl is prego is very noble however, what did they expect when they were sexing sans protection? When you hit it raw, there is a very real chance of pregnancy occurring. Dude seemed a bit shaken. He should have listened to Wyclef’s song, Anything Can Happen “Sex with no condoms, oh no, that will never happen.” I would like to add…until marriage. That’s the utopian side of me slipping in. LOL

Feel free to chime in…especially the baby mamas and daddys.

The recap: Shout out to EM for helping to make my mini-vacation, fantastic and inclusive of multiple scrumptious breakfasts! (can you pluralize breakfast?)

On tap: Sleep

Lata Lovelies,
-Betsy Ice

1 comment:

Farah said...

I think what you are referring to is a marriage by default (oops - I didnt know that could happen moment...as if!). I can't believe in this day and age (of maladies) folk are bumpin' uglies sans condom - seriously people!